This bicycle tour of 15 days has in total 12 cycling days, with a daily traveled distance between 65 and 100 km. In total, about 600 km will be traveled by bike. This trip is for a regular and good cyclist : the paths are not always paved, it is a mix between asphalt and red sand paths. Your bike tour starts from the capital in the highlands, with its small villages and rice fields, towards tropical rainforest area with its lush vegetation, and increasingly fruit plantations towards the eastern coastal region. The trip will end on the tropical island of Sainte Marie on the east coast of Madagascar. During this trip, you will be far from the modern and “comfortable” life: an unforgettable experience, where the bike brings you anyway close to the locals. During this trip, there will be a car assistance.
You will visit the Andasibe national park, famous for its largest lemur, the Indri Indri. You will certainly have enough time for enjoying the wildness.
This trip can easily be extended, please ask us about the possibilities.
• This trip can be made individually or in small groups till 10 people
• This bike tour is possible for everyone who can ride well (VTT) and have no problem with bad roads
• The best season for this trip: June to November (with possibility of whale watching around Sainte Marie in July and August)
• The accomodations are based on middle class hotels
• For this trip, you can join a group with fixed departure on 24 June, 5 August, 16 Serptember 2017
• Price for 2 or 3 persons : from 2 900 euros per person (excluding flights) ; for 4 to 5 persons : from 2 495 euros per person ; for 6 people or more : from 2 290 euros per person (without flights)
• Visit of Andasibe National Park with its largest lemur: the Indri-Indri
• On bike through the suburbs of Antananarivo
• Visit of the lake of Mantasoa
• Endemic flora and fauna
• Contact with locals : as much as possible
• The coastline of Foulpointe
• The tropical island of Sainte-Marie