This trip is ideal if you wish to mainly see lots of nature, spend your time in the parks and want to minimize long travel days. You will travel from the capital towards North-East , where you will visit one recent UNESCO classified national park : Masoala. The Masoala park encloses a huge primary forest and has both Coastal Forest and Rainforest and even a Marine Park area.
From this place, you travel further towards north, and then visit the Marojejy national park. This rainforest is much more majestic, has really high large trees, bushy, but also has its own landscape and high mountains (perhaps you’ve seen the documentary by David Attenborough ). A wonderful sensation to walk through it and to be in the real nature.
Then, you travel to the north direction in which the really one long driving day is required. Nevertheless, it can be interrupted by a short walk or by photoshoots. The other side is then a much drier part of Madagascar. For a change, two days around Ambanja stays on your program: river excursion, local villages, spices, nice views and especially a lot of outdoor activities.
After that, the Ankarana national park, with its diversity and its beautiful rock formations,is waiting for you ; and which you can conclude with a visit at the Montagne d’Ambre National Park. You then finish your experience in the north of Madagascar near the beautiful “Mer d’Emeraude” (Emerald see) with clear turquoise waters, snorkeling and many tranquility. Another place that is not much visited.
During this trip,you will visit four national parks (among them the UNESCO classified Masoala and Marojejy national parks) and two private parks.
Tip: In the november month, it is also possible to conclude this trip with a beautiful sailing trip of 4 days / 3 nights from Port Louise (above Ambanja) to Nosy-Be: please, ask us for the possibilities.
- This trip can be made individually or in a small group till 8 people;
- This trip is particularly for anyone who can walk well and is afraid of neither humidities nor narrower paths with altitude, and simple night accomodation (especially in Marojejy)
- This trip can not be adjusted for luxury hotel options in some places
- Price for 2 persons : from 3600 euros per person (excluding flights) and for 4 persons : from 2880 euro per person
• Primary rainforest with all its facets, both coast and inland, very different vegetations, many unique species of lemurs
• Tsingy rocks
• Mountain and Baobab tree forests
• Endemic flora and fauna
• Minimum number of long driving days -> very much out in the nature
• Very diverse landscape, with certainly the scent of “herbal”!
• Contact with locals, as much as possible
• Beach stay near the wonderful “mer Emeraude”