This trip offers you the diversity between forest and steppe-like area, but also brings you to the UNESCO classified Tsingy de Bemaraha and the famous Baobab Allee.
You are traveling from the Capital to the East where you will visit a national park.It is one of the most famous rainforest, the Andasibe / Perinet park.Here lives the largest lemur of Madagascar : the Indri.
After this, you travel back to the capital, where you take a domestic flight to Morondava, a small town on the west coast of Madagascar, known for its unique Baobab Allee. With a 4WD, you’ll drive a full day to the Tsingy de Bemaraha, a UNESCO classified Madagascar park, known for its pointy rock formations. You’ll stay here three nights and two full days stay to visit different parts of this park. On the return trip to Morondava (again 1 full day with a 4WD), you will pass through the world famous « Baobab Allee ».
After a whole day on the beach in Morondava, your driver will take you back to the highland in order to join the National Road N° 7. From the thermal city of the island, you go further south to Tulear, a city on the west coast and located about 1400 km from Morondava. During your journey, you will first have the feeling to be in Asia, on the high plateau between the rice fields, then through rainforest . After that, the savanna / dry steppe-like area to reach the coast, where you entirely feel to be in Africa.
On your trip, you still have the opportunity to visit four national parks, Andasibe, Ranomafana, Isalo and the Tsingy visit of Bemaraha, as well as 2 private parks : the park « Anja », known for the ring-tailed lemur and the « Spiney Forest park » near the coast, where you will see all kinds of baobab trees and other specific trees and plants of the South of Madagascar. But of course, you come in this trip also along the famous Baobab Allee.
A nice stay and relax on seaside makes this trip complete.
• This trip can be made both individually or in a group. Please note that 4WD are used for the difficult track from Morondava to Bekopaka, with 4-6 people in a 4wd(depending on the 4WD’s size and type)
• During the visit of the Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park : if you wish to discover the Grand Tsingy, you must take into account proper climbing and clambering parties as well as following all instructions for using ropes in some parts, making this part not suitable for every hiker.
• Depending on your needs, hotels may be changed from basic to luxury , except in Bekopaka, near the Tsingy, where hotels simply go to reasonable middle class.
• Price for 2 persons : from 2250 euros per person (excluding flights) and for 4 persons : from 1700 euros per person (without flights)
• Rainforest with the Indri Indri (the largest lemur)
• Dry Forest with canyons and natural “swimming pool”
• Spiny Forest
• Baobab Allee
• UNESCO classified Tsingy
• Endemic flora and fauna
•Very diverse landscapes, from rainforest to dry forest, rice fields to savannas …
• Contact with local people, farmers’ everyday life
• Beach stay