This trip of 10 days and 9 nights is very diverse.With a 4WD, you will be transferred to the North of Antananarivo,a little further than the town of Tsiroanomandidy, known as a zebu region. Then, there will be a trekking tour of about 2.5 days with 2 camping nights ; a hike that will bring you to the start of the Manambolo canoe trip. This trekking tour is for everyone in a good condition and can not be considered as extremely heavy. The longest walk duration is about 6 hours a day. After hiking, you will begin your canoe trip on the Manambolo river , with night -campings on the sand banks. This river trip will last about two whole days and two half-days. You will sail through “canyons” as well as near small villages, and will then reach the famous UNESCO classified Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park , which you can visit the next day. From this park, you will then be driven by a 4WD to Morondava .On this way to the west coast of Madagascar, you will enjoy the Baobab landscape and spend the night in Morondava after, of course, having visited the famous Baobab Alley.
This trip can easily be extended, please ask us about the possibilities.
- This trip can be made individually, but also has fixed departure dates.To those who are interested, please see below our fixed departure dates
- The best season for this tour: from May to October.
- This tour is based on camping accomodation
- Price for 2 persons: from 1170 euro per person ; for 4 persons : from 1060 euro per person (excluding flights)
- Trekking through the backland
- Manambolo river by Canoe
- The UNESCO classified Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park
- Endemic flora and fauna
- Baobab Alley